Here’s what you’ll need…
2 pounds thick cut bacon
2 pounds Italian sausage, skinless and mashed
1 jar of your favorite BBQ sauce or BBQ rub
1. Roll out a piece of aluminum foil.
2. Create a 5x5 Bacon Weave, using wide strips of bacon. Make sure the weave is tight.
3. Add seasoning and BBQ sauce/rub.
4. Add the mashed up sausages and flatten them out evenly.
5. Fry up the leftover bacon (crispy to your personal taste) and add them on top of the sausages.
6. Add more seasoning or BBQ sauce/rub.
7. Roll up the sausages/etc, and roll the bacon up last so it securely surrounds the Bacon Explosion.
8. Optional: Roll up the aluminum around the bacon/sausage roll.
9. Cook your Bacon Explosion at 225 degrees in a constant cloud of hickory smoke until your Thermapen gives an internal temperature reading of 165 degrees. Normally this will take about 1 hour for each inch of thickness, so expect maybe 2.5 hours if its 2.5 inches thick.
Makes a good snack during the Super Bowl, gaming event, or whatever manly thing you want to do.
Mouth watering good!
And to those naysayers who fuss about how this will clog the arteries...? Pffff! That's the whole point!