AUTOMOTIVES - When it comes to buying options for a new car the industry is really paying homage to one thing: People, men in particular, are suckers.
Let me explain:
1. Remote Car Starters: Its a gadget that you don't need, and worse the idling actually damages the cylinders in your engine.
2. Fog Lights: If you've ever used them you know they don't even work in fog. Its a misnomer because they're completely useless. Dumb saps however will think they need them.
3. Sunroofs: Oh sure, they look kewl, but the drag on your aerodynamics ruins both your fuel economy and handling. According to experts you're better off running the air conditioner. Worse, they also leak, rattle and the weight fucks up your car's centre of gravity.
4. Leather Upholstery: Sticky in the summer, cold in the winter, slippery all the time, expensive to repair and you will never be able to date that hot vegetarian you met at work.
5. Rear View Mirror Fashions: Dangly decorations in your rear window? Why don't you just crash your car now and save yourself the time when you accidentally get in a fender bender because you had a blind spot in your rear window?
6. Button Ignition: Another gadget for people who like race cars. Complete waste of money and basically for hosers who will basically buy anything that allows them to show off.
7. Paint Protection: Your paint is already high tech, the best the car industry can do. Do you really think some teenager in the service department with a spray can will do better?
8. Undercoating: See point #7. Your car has already had an electrostatic bath, painted several times and baked to prevent rust. Do you think the same kid with a spray can will do better than all that?
9. Rear Spoiler: Unless you're driving 140+ kmph all the time, the rear spoiler doesn't produce enough down force to actually give you any extra grip on the road.
10. Steering Wheel Covers: These things have a nasty habit of ripping, slipping and becoming a nuisance. You're better off just buying driving gloves.
Lets pretend you go out and get a new car from General Motors. For the sake of demonstrating we're going to use the 2010 Corvette as an example, for which the base model costs $67,050 CDN... but if you got all the options, its $142,980 CDN.
And those options include... a shade for your luggage, more memory for your onboard computer, heated seats, telescoping steering column, custom leather interior, 7 speakers for your tunes, remote control/starter so you can start the car and set the temperature/etc from the comfort of your bedroom or office and of course Bluetooth so you can plug it into laptop or iPhone. Otherwise this upgraded version comes with a slightly better motor. You can also get a convertible version.
For approx. the same price as the Corvette with all the options you could get an Aston Martin DB9, a vastly superior car, but without all the extra crap you don't need.
And there's quite a few other cars you could get... that's just an example of what you could get just by NOT buying all the dumb extras.
And I am not saying its just men who fall for the dumb extras. Women do it too sometimes. I'd estimate its the result of ignorance on the part of both men and women... they buy the extras without thinking and it never occurs to them they could get a vastly superior vehicle for the same money they are wasting on "luggage shade" and a remote.
FASHION / SEX - What is the perfect size when it comes to the female body? That is the question a fashion magazine (Fabulous magazine) in...
FASHION - If you've always wondered but never tried it, here it is: Instructions, diagram and a video demonstration of how to tie a Ful...
ENTERTAINMENT - What is ugly? What do we consider ugly? Is there a line that is crossed that becomes ugliness? "Beauty is in the eye ...
1. Shopping for lingerie or sex toys together. 2. Wear a hockey jersey to bed. Or lingerie. Both are good. 3. Sandwiches cut diagonal. Gu...
HEALTH / SEX - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? Well, what about female bodybuilders? I'm not talking about regular wome...
ENTERTAINMENT - Is anyone taking female athletes seriously? As a guy, I admit, we do tend to spend a great deal of time looking at a woma...
SEX - There's something about breast cleavage that just makes a man's brain turn to mush. We know men can't concentrate when ...
ENTERTAINMENT / SEX - On a whim, before writing this article, I decided to Google the phrase "lap dancing for women". I found a t...
SEX - If a man kisses a woman in public in Dubai its illegal and could lead to arrest. Public displays of affection are illegal in the Unit...
I've been growing a Movember (a Mustache to raise awareness for prostate cancer) during the month of November... Alas the damn thing ...